View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 09:53 PM   #61
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The WORST Falcon model, and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
The "click" position was the correct position, not where the words were.

The A/C had 2 positions, one was RECIRC & one was FRESH.

There were 4 positions in all (not 3 !!). From memory 9 o'clock was FRESH with no A/C, 11 o'clock was FRESH A/C, 1 o'clock was RECIRC A/C & 3 o'clock was RECIRC no A/C.

I remember every 2nd car coming in for service during summer with the knob at 12 o'clock (half way between the two A/C settings). So many owners were just as confused as you were.

I agree though it wasn't a very obvious switch operation.

My vote for worse Falcon series in modern times was the EA series 1, with the EF a close 2nd. How could Ford get the EF so wrong, the EBII & ED were very good cars. The XK was awful for different reasons as already mentioned.

Dr Terry
Glad you mentioned EF, it gets a mention for the front and rear suspension schizophrenia.

I bargained for an EF for our first (second hand) family car, couldn't agree, then succeeded on a slightly cheaper ED Classic instead - fantastic car, so glad I got the ED instead.

Also: Uncle had early VN brand new that was a good car, 34mpg and very sprightly off the line, although it was a bit noisy. Good car overall and the 'big' Holden was a talking point for many people.