View Single Post
Old 20-03-2020, 05:44 PM   #306
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 
Default Re: AUII Fairlane Sportsman - BIG AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
I pulled the Fairlane out of mothballs (they really don't stop Geckos from crapping on Big Al) and took it into Rocky to get a wheel alignment and the steering wheel level so it looks normal when driving down the road.

I'm getting it ready for a 7 hour drive down south to attend Dave Shifty's wake at the end of next week.

The old girl gee I can't say that because I've given the Fairlane a dumb name on here, hasn't had a decent run since the 1700 kms trek from Chew-Mit to Yap-Hoon about two years ago when we moved here; although it does get a run into Rocky on average once a week.

Some old codger on the forum is going to put me up for a couple of nights, or should that be - put up with me a couple of nights?

He is free and easy with suggestions on how to make the car look better so I have already booked him for a couple of cosmetic jobs - that will teach to try and help me.

He suggested BP 98 would clean Big Al's lungs out so to speak. Gee it's pricey stuff, does it have gold in it?

Sum Won said you get better fuel economy using it. Well the trip computer said 15.6 l/100kms on the way in to Rocky. I reset it and when I got home it was 13.9 l/100kms.

Maybe the handbrake is dragging or something. I'll get the silly old galoot to have a look at that too just before he gets me a rum ;-)

This is my Fabulous Ford Fairlane Sportsman

There's a member on here that could help you take better pics...

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11463330

Oh wait...