View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 01:33 PM   #8
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Bye Bye Mondeo - What now?

Perhaps it's time to go SUV so at least the other SUV's and 4WDs aren't blocking your visions at intersections. That's sadly my though on my next car.

Spend $10 and read the critically objective review of all the cars you are considering at the Dog & Lemon Guide here: https://dogandlemon.com/ At worse you will find out what most often fails with them so you know what look for in buying used. Read the free Freelander review. As part of the 3 for $10 perhaps get the review of one of your deceased Mondeo to satisfy yourself of their accuracy. The reviews will also tell you what other vehicles in the same class should be considered (and are more reliable). The best $10 any car buyer can spend.

Asking owners opinion on any car especially on a enthusiasts; site like this is also unwise. Research shows that we all (me included) generally have cognitive dissonance with respect to our car purchases and usually won't recognise or admit to any shortcomings; nobody likes to think they made a bad purchase decision or their new car is not as good as they thought. This is actually a natural and good thing as it helps people avoid regret and associated depression. I don't know how the Dog & Lemon Guide rate the current Mondeo but you'll get an objective rating from their reviews.