View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #43
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

I smoked for better than 30 years, ........started off with cane from old chairs then up to rollies.......gave it up around 10 years ago

if you're hacking up blood then I reckon that may be a reasonable incentive, although may be a bit late........having the kids would be another....personally I wanted to see grandkids.....you may not have that option.......your choice

it's a mental game and when the brain turns against you it aint pretty.......mine turned on me around the same time I gave up smoking.....fell into a deep dark hole that no-one, not even heavy medication could pull me out of....a little stray mongrel, scruffy, ugly dog pulled me out of that one.......called her "fugly".....she wouldnt take no for an answer and just wouldnt let me be.......she's on my lap right now.....wont leave my side ever

giving up smokes is the same thing....a "mental" game........I beat it by always having a packet of smokes handy along with a lighter.....I would look at them every now and then and let it be known to my brain that it is my choice to not have them

you see when I smoked my last cigarette and i chucked the packet away I would be gripped with absolute "panic"........"oh **** I've got none left, where am I gonna get more from"

but having a packet there all the time then it was always going to be "my choice"

it's got to be "your" choice as well........you must beat your brain if you wish to succeed.......good luck!!........you wont ever regret it!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote