View Single Post
Old 25-03-2020, 06:07 PM   #39
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Internet diversions from COVID-19 whilst WFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
so you know stu, hes at brooklyn. i did welding on the boats hull. i guess you know brooklyn, thers a quarry there.
you might like sv seeker- dougs scratch built 74' junker
Yes, knew of Stu and Brooklyn very well, lived on board our yacht SV Felix there (Sandbrook Inlet Marina actually) for 3 years.
Very famous pure white sandstone quarry is at Wondabyne, only accessible by rail or barge. We would mountain bike from Kariong, over Woy Woy rail tunnel (longest tunnel in the Southern Hemisphere) down along walking track to Wondabyne station. One of the few stations where you still hail the train to stop, to get back to back to Hawkesbury River Station.

Yacht has bilge keels so would sit on the bottom at lower tide while the finger berth would keep floating.
Beautiful place.

Youtube wise "Idiana diesel" has some great stuff too, he is "Bus Grease Monkeys' son. Dangar Stu went to the US and met them to learn more about Driptroits.

edit..... I can relate to Stu as years ago in my 20's I converted a wooden ex trawler into a liveaboard Hawksebury river cruiser, long before the "Net" I to taught myself wooden boatbuilding skills and fitting out.

Last edited by roKWiz; 25-03-2020 at 06:12 PM.
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: