View Single Post
Old 23-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #174
jtcooke
Starter Motor

Default Re: Cobra build no's

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT6
Hey mate looks great. That car was a damaged bare shell the petrol tank and all underneath was colour coded roof was damaged no diff and the engine block was sitting on the floor. It was on top of a shipping container in sydney west in the 80s my dad said he could of brought it very cheap but it had major damage like it had been rolled any other pics cheers Travis.
This is the info that we have about 002 from a reliable source...Keith Goodall owned Cobra 002 from new. Keith was a Qld Rally Driver, he also owned the GTHO phase IV that Bowdens now have http://www.gtho4.com/fouronthefloor/...r-archive.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Cookie, I have photos of the Cobra just after my Dad clobbered thehorse.

David Price
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted 441 days ago

"Cookie" my dad is Dave Price Crash Repairs. I remember thecar in the workshop after it had hit the horse, which from memory happened nearthe stuart drive-in. He may have other details if your interested etc....
Regards
Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lendi

Posted 807 days ago

Hi Doug I saw #002 yesterday at Maroochydore FPV. They had a GT Day withAllan Moffat as guest speaker. It had been restored back to original condition.They also had the GTHO Phase I,II,III & IV Race cars. It was amazing tosee. . I think FPV will be doing these days around Australia so hopefully theywill bring these cars with them for you to see.
Doug Cox

Posted 847 days ago

Funny that. #002 was actually the first Bathurst model, the 30 runningfrom #002 to #031. #001 was a 'standard' model.
I remember seeing #002 a couple of times, about 1980, first in Dave Price CrashRepairs getting a new roof after hitting a horse near Giru. Took the roof offclean as a whistle.
Saw it later, I think it was owned by an army bloke at the time, seemed to havebeen lowered, had mega-buck, ultra wide wheels with very expensive low-profilePirellis and was fitted with a roll cage.
Dunno where it is now...

Tony Christensen

Posted 1391 days ago
As an apprentice when thexc Cobras came out I did the pre delivery inspection on #002 that had beenbought by Keith Goodall. The anti tramp rod was not fitted and was lying in theboot , when we tried to fit it the U bolts would not straddle the rod end.There was a transmission cooler but no pump . I thought Keith would 'hit theroof'', but he told me he wasn't worried but just told me to keep all thefactory documentation that was scattered. The anti tramp rod was not fitted and was lying in theboot , when we tried to fit it the U bolts would not straddle the rod end.There was a transmission cooler but no pump . I thought Keith would 'hit theroof'', but he told me he wasn't worried but just told me to keep all thefactory documentation that was scattered

Last edited by jtcooke; 23-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.
jtcooke is offline   Reply With Quote