View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 08:05 PM   #6
knightmayre
Starter Motor

Default Re: Need assorted parts for 2001 Fairmont Series 3, 5.0

I used an avocado on the cloudy headlight and it came up pretty nice (old trick I learned eons ago lol), just replaced the condensation filled passenger headlight. I put in some rear main seal stop leak and it appears to be working, no more drips but I can't drive anywhere due to the non-essential trips rule so I've been letting it idle it for 40 minutes twice a day with the heater on max just in case.

Still got to do the drivers seatbelt, front rotors - is it worth spending the extra to fit slotted/ drilled ones? - and I reckon I'll let them replace the split boots everywhere. I hit the engine with degreaser the other day then used the pressure washer, not realising that it was on high What a ********. Now she's lumpy as hell, I've sprayed WD40 everywhere and she's not as bad as she was.

I can't find the dipstick for the auto box, I think the AUII I had didn't have one either. How am I supposed to check the level as it hard shifts into 2nd and I want to make sure it's not something as simple as fluid.

Cheers
Dave
knightmayre is offline   Reply With Quote