View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
AD26

Default Re: The dreaded fuel pump issue...

There was a recall in the US on the returnless cougars regarding the fuel pump.. sadly it's not in effect in Australia but I bought the revised replacement unit(it's a hanger assembly instead of being attached to the tank floor) for my car to stop the 1/4 tank pump issue. Motorcraft PFS-289 is the part you need, I think it was about 320 and then another 180 for labour. There's 2 ways to do the job and they both look easy enough to do but I didn't want to enter the tank under the back seats cutting a hole lol and I don't have the space to work on my car at my new unit.

Regarding the power loss at higher rpm, is it only 3rd and 4th? Could be the IMRC(located under the plastic at the front) which controls your secondaries that kick in around this rev range.
AD26 is offline   Reply With Quote