View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 10:50 PM   #93
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Doctors and Very Old Drivers

Firstly I didn't know this forum had so many 90+ year old members. A lot of people seem to be taking this thread as a personal attack on their driving. I don't think most people would consider people in their 60s are 70s as old drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Yeah I reckon a big percentage of drivers think that the give way to the right is the rule, whereas it states in all the road rules that you must give way to any vehicle already in the roundabout
It seems that most people don't know the proper roundabout rules, but since everyone agrees on the same wrong rules it actually works out ok most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I think that by law you had to give way to him anyway.

Vic roads....

"The most important thing to remember is when you’re entering a roundabout, you must give way to any vehicle already in the roundabout and any tram that is entering or approaching the roundabout.

Which you did....and lived to tell the tale.
If that's how Vic roads interprets the rule then that's ridiculous.

NSW it states something like you have to follow instructions related to the lane that you enter the roundabout in. You are allowed to change lanes on a roundabout but you have to give way to vehicles in the other lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Someone will ALWAYS attempt to overtake the person in front doing 85km/h, at 92km/h and takes up the entire overtaking lane and no one else can get by while the 15-20 cars behind all get ****ed off and then overtaking starts happening in dangerous spots.
That stuff is frustrating, but at least they have the excuse of a single lane road. Few days ago on a 3 lane highway I came across 3 people sitting side by side doing 85 in a 110 zone.
Then people wonder why some other drivers are sitting 10m from the car in front at high speed.

Last edited by Ben73; 04-07-2020 at 11:13 PM.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote