View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 04:17 PM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Servicing and Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I don't think anyone has really answered jackute23's question.

Whilst the service centres may be open, in Vic you are only permitted to leave your house for 4 reasons:
  • Seeking medical services or providing care
  • Essential shopping
  • Exercise
  • To work

You run the risk of being fined if you are caught out of your house for a reason outside of those above. I can't see getting a car serviced is in there.

If, on the other hand, you could combine the dropping of the car off to the place of service whilst you were doing one of the above activities, that would be ok. Or see if the service centre will pick the car up from your place, as others have highlighted some places are doing.

Personally, I wouldn't risk getting fined of up to $1,652 just to get my car serviced.

Can I leave the house during the Stay at Home period?

No. Although there are some exceptions. You may leave your home during this period:
  • to shop for food and other necessary goods and services
  • To access medical services or provide caregiving. For example, this includes shared parenting obligations or providing care and support to an unwell, disabled, elderly or pregnant friend or relative.
  • to attend work or education (where you can’t do those things remotely)
  • for exercise
  • You may also leave you home in an emergency or if required by law.

Car servicing falls under necessary goods and services.

Its essential to keep your car roadworthy and maintained.

So yes its fully legal to do.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
11 users like this post: