View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 10:31 AM   #30
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Servicing and Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Key word being 'necessary'. Not having a routine service completed does not make the car unroadworthy. Hence, not necessary.

Having your car serviced on time forms part of the warranty requirements, so if the car was still under warranty and was actually due (or overdue) for the service, you may be able to get away with it.

But, the above is splitting hairs a bit. Again, I wouldn't take the risk of taking it to the workshop myself just for the service. Include it in another approved activity or come up with some other arrangement, iMHO.
I beg to differ. Service intervals are key times for checking things like brakes, lights etc. I had my ranger serviced last week, I’m an essential service and still have to keep working and it was due. Many businesses won’t be around in a few months if we don’t keep supporting them. They were highly professional with cleaning it before and after they touched it.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: