Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 10:35 PM   #2580
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

The technology behind the Australian government’s new COVIDSafe tracing app could create a comprehensive social contacts map of the nation – a potentially valuable dataset to foreign governments and Australian law enforcement.

That’s the view of one analyst, Professor Dali Kaafar, executive director of the Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub, who has studied the app’s functions and the source code of the Singaporean version, which he says the Australian app very closely matches.

He argues that if the entire dataset were to become centrally located and accessible, it would likely be of great interest to governments and other organisations.

Under current Australian law, only state and territory health officers tracing coronavirus contacts will have access to the data COVIDSafe collects and, even then, only parts of it, under very strict conditions.

But Kaafar says that if the security provisions changed, the COVIDSafe data could be crossmatched with other personal data, including open-source information about personal activities posted on social media sites.

That could provide a very accurate and revealing portrait of Australians’ movements, who they spend time with, precisely when and ultimately even where.

Yep, all I can see is a lot of if's, could's, would's, potentially, etc, etc, blah, blah. Total load of crap. A lot of possibilities and not much reality, other than the paragraph in red.

Anyone using an Apple or Google based Smartphone, and is concerned about your privacy, here's a hint. Get yourself one of THESE phones! Almost all the apps you've downloaded onto your phone is in breach of your "privacy". Funny thing is - you agreed to, and gave them permission to access your "privacy". Your location, messages, photos, call history, social media activities, etc, etc, etc. And government security and law agencies have access to it all, because you agreed to let them access it. Yet you won't download the CovidSafe app because you're concerned about your "privacy"?? CovidSafe app is the least of your concerns when it comes to your "privacy".

All you are doing is helping to prolong this s***ty situation. Restrictions drag on, economic impacts dragging on, health and wellbeing of the population continues to fall further and further the longer this s**t continues. With CovidSafe, knowing when and where transmission is occurring, by locating those who are infected with the virus, and being able to manage outbreaks will help us with getting back to somewhat of a 'normal' life again. The app is to manage this virus. Not to manage or spy on you.

And before anyone thinks I am a flag waver, far from it. Very far from it. I just want to do whatever it takes to get back to life as it was before this s**t was unleashed on us. If it means having to download an app that stores phone numbers of people who I've been closer than 1.5M to, and spent 15min or more with them, on my phone only, then so f**cking be it.

You can always turn Bluetooth off.

Oh, and for anyone interested, here's Professor Dali Kaafar, and his buddy Dr Hassan Asghar's actual Macquarie University report dated 07/04/2020.

https://lighthouse.mq.edu.au/article...ivacy-concerns

Last edited by Tickford.; 02-05-2020 at 10:40 PM.
3 users like this post: