View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #22
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

I was diagnosed at 6 years old and stayed with my pediatrician until I was 19. He is another one of those doctors that is excellent with kids and has a dedicated, life long fight for the welfare of children . It took me ten years to find another doctor who "cared". Like you said, the doctor-patient relationship is something that sometimes just doesn't eventuate and why my advice to keep searching for a doctor until the relationship "gels". Good doctors who "care" and are not just script writers are soooo hard to find.

I have been recently trying the Libre flash reader. This is a form of continuous blood glucose monitoring. A sensor is applied to the arm and scanned from a bgl meter or even a smart phone camera. This sensor takes readings from the institutional fluid under the skin, not the actual blood. There is a lag time from the two readings of about 5 minutes, so making insulin decisions based on the sensor reading isnt advised from my point of view. But I have found it to be a great way to quickly get idea of my bgl in times when washing hands, taking a sample, waiting for the result just isn't convenient. Its also one less thing to have to think about in the daily burden of the disease.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: