View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #106
Shockworks

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG Coilovers

Hi Guy's,

Sorry for the late reply as I flew back to Melbourne yesterday.

XEXR6T is spot on about adjusting the dampers. It's better to have zero preload or even have them a little loose which is not problem. You can then set the heights at the base but a word of caution! With all the changes to wheels and tyres, it is common practice to remove the spring and one drop link to do a full compression test at the height you want. Jack up the lower arm with no spring in the damper and make sure the front wheel turns freely and then turn the steering wheel though it's range and make sure nothing is touching. We have limited how short the damper can be adjusted for this reason to avoid contact with the inner guards and there are different tyre OD's being fitted so good to make sure.
With the base lock nut loose you can use the C spanner on the spring seat to rotate the body and adjust the height.
I am surprised and not sure at the moment why twr7cx's car had sagged at all, as we had not seen this before at all with any kits. I am wondering if the first height check was when the wheels were first on the ground when the tyres had not rolled out to final height. Very strange and not happened before so, could also be that the base lock nuts may not be tight and the body screwed down a little. You should contact me twr7cx if you have any questions mate.
Cheers
Shockworks is offline   Reply With Quote