View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 07:15 PM   #293
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

A long day at work today, and it's movie night in this household...

I did read through all the functions looking for a solution to the FDIM screen restore problem after my program finishes. There's a way to use a single display buffer in the library, across all exes, but you need to know the SID number to do it. That way, I can use it to save and restore the memory/display contents. Thinking that's exactly what the sat-nav exe would probably be doing, I looked at how it obtained this magic SID number and I saw...

gf_surface_sidlist(...);

First result from Google has this link:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-28576

Says the function is undocumented! It contains a complete use-case though Thanks! (No, not to you QNX guys!)
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote