View Single Post
Old 23-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #17
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: Clogged fuel pressure regulator (with pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Good question, a blockage in the fpr will negatively affect fuel pressure (high) so the screen is there to not circulate any crap out of the fuel rail (rust, corrosion) when fuel is returned back to the tank, its meant to be cleaned when a blockage is suspected (otherwise it would be a sealed unit, replace when blocked).

"Fuel pressure regulator failure due to contamination from accumulated fuel rail debris causing excessive fuel pressure." (from AFI diagnostics)

With you removing that gauze, your fuel pump filter is also now your fpr filter too lol!

cheers, Maka
It was more of a rhetorical question.

What I was getting at is how likely is it that these FPR's will have a problem from the tiny amounts of debris? My guess is none.

I'd bet any debris from the fuel rail will pass straight through the FPR and back to the tank like you said. The amount of debris is so small to be of no consequence in the tank sloshing around because firstly, the gauze on the pump is huge by comparison, and secondly, they are self cleaning to a point as the debris is in constant motion.

I've seen FPR's in for hundreds of thousands of k's with bugger all debris anyhow.
This user likes this post: