Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #265
HLC
Audi S3

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Maybe jump on the repco and do some light spin rides a couple times a week... I find the light spins are fantastic for recovery and let your muscles loosen up.

Not so much ACL, but I had ITB issues, but after getting a proper fit it went away.. Now I can go as hard as I want for as long as I want, but lack of fitness doesn't allow me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Seat height, heavy gear and foot angle on the pedals will all contribute to knee pain when riding.

Go with the Repco until the knee pain goes away and then slowly reintroduce the fixie. As for the knee, it is most likely inflamed so perhaps try some Voltaren gel and/or anti-inflam tablets to help it on its way.
Thanks for the advice guys. Did a punishing ride to Freo and back last week, 54km round trip in a headwind avg speed just on 30kph and got back and the left knee was bright red and swollen.

Will chuck some risers and my spds on the roadie on the weekend and give it a go. I don't like freewheeling I feel like I'm out of control lol been riding solely fixed for 18 months or more!!

I'm hoping to head down to a mates house and jump on his rollers too to have a look at my technique. Seat height is fine but would like to work on my pedal technique!!