View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 12:00 AM   #965
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Grega’s comment about extroverts is spot on, it’s almost hilarious if the current times weren’t so serious- Us introverts need to be strong right now to support our extrovert friends who are really struggling.
I’m also mindful of our retail workers, I spend time in stores unpacking stock, and dealing with daft customers who don’t respect social distancing, leaves my adrenal system pinging off the limiter. I can leave a store after 2 or 3 hrs feeling like I’ve run a marathon. The poor workers who are there doing 12-15 hr days I really tip my hat to. Some are anxious, some have closed down, others are beyond it, trying to laugh off the craziness.
I liken the current situation to being in the surf, when a huge wave swamps you, don’t fight it, allow it to ride over the top and stand back up again.The covid wave will pass over us, and there will be the other side.
Society tells us that we need to always be in control, and to strive to change what is disagreeable to us. Knowing you can’t change some things is quite liberating.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz