View Single Post
Old 14-04-2020, 03:23 PM   #985
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
came to say this.

a few years ago I spoke with a phone counselor, 2 or maybe 3 psychologists and finally found a psychiatrist that I 'clicked' with. The psychiatrist changed my meds and we had a handful of sessions, I liked her approach to quickly cut through the garbage and get to the point.

Now I have access to a counselling service through work. First guy was great, easy to speak to and I chatted to him pretty often. Sometimes just a 2 minute 'everything is good' and other times it was an hour discussion.

He has since moved on and I didn't click at all with his replacement so I have found another counselor but she is on a different work site to me so I only see her when it is 'needed' and the same unhelpful thoughts have been floating in my head for longer than they should.
This is very much true, just like the many different medications available to Dr's to treat mental health issues, not every pill works for every person, its very much trial and error and can be ongoing as you become 'immune' to their benefits.
So too is it with the professional's themselves, I was originally referred to a bloke whom my Dr said would be excellent for me, I wasn't comfortable with his attempt at hypnotherapy of listening to his recordings, the next person I saw was an Asian lady who was completely different in her approach and it just worked, I actually enjoyed speaking with her and am a different person today than I was 4yrs ago.
The first one made me feel like a victim, the second one challenged me not to be.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: