View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 05:21 PM   #159
snopony

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
The biggest trigger for me as stupid as this sounds is when my son does the exact opposite of something I ask him to do within a small timeframe (lets say 3 minutes here for arguments sake)

If he either hasn't done it in that time or actually did do something but it was wrong then I tend to start flipping out, the anger and anxiety rises fairly quickly and it takes some time for me to settle myself down after the event.
Theres a very good saying that Ive heard many times in discussions about mental health, because of the varying nature of different mental issues, anxieties and what not- and underlying causes/triggers/ and peoples varying personalities and how things affect different types of people in different ways.... often people do have a problem...and they cope quite well, and function quite normally and it dosn't really affect the quality of their life, their work or the people close to them such as family and friends... Its when whatever is wrong (and I hesitate to use the word wrong here) with them starts to have an impact and affect the people around them that it starts to become a problem. And thats when things need to be addressed.
Not knowing the childs age here, there are things such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and mindfulness, that when practiced really really help in that sort of situation.
All kids, unless you have the fortune to have a complete angel of a child, at some stage, prob more frequently than not are going to test you till you are taken to the borders of insanity and back, but with a few small practiced changes, you can teach your brain to go "meh, kids" and ignore it. (as long as whatever they are doing dosnt involve potentially injuring themselves, other people /kids/or property.
Worth looking into.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: