View Single Post
Old 31-10-2019, 09:18 PM   #188
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

On both boards, u408 (USB) & u1003 (video-in) [the two I2C level-shifting repeaters] behave normally initially, however while the working unit starts to get a lot of comms happening at 25 seconds into the boot cycle... The broken unit never gets to the point where comms start.

There's an empty 10 pin connector spot (next to the main ICC plug) and this is what I see on the not-working unit (I have not tried the working one yet):

Pin 1 : 13 seconds in goes from low to high
Pin 2,3,6,7,9,10 : Low
Pin 4,5 : Some sort of serial comms happening at 58.82KHz or 117.64KHz
Pin 8 : High.

Comms initialises at 15 secs in (take away 1 or 2 secs for my one handed start-capture press and power plug insert manoeuvre) and starts at 15.6 seconds.

(I know, it's probably 115.2K baud, these things are never accurate. I have not tested the voltages though.)
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: