View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #18
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

The latest revisions of the various Bluefin ‘stages’ are a vast improvement over the previous ones, and you wouldn’t be disappointed if you did go with the Bluefin. That is unless you happened to drive an XR5 running with DS afterwards.

After doing some testing (which included a trip to the drag strip) against a friend with Bluefin stage 2 (for slightly modified cars), we concluded that Dreamscience is definitely quicker, especially on the Race+ and Race ‘maps’. DS has more torque, is also every bit as smooth (if not more so) in its power delivery, and you get 4 different maps, compared to 1 on the Bluefin unit.

DS will also soon be releasing their custom tuning software, so you can take your XR5 to a tuner and get the perfect tune for your car, rather than just the generic one’s you get on the Flash tuner. I’m also pretty sure that DS have agreed to run their special introductory price for a bit longer for FordXR5turbo.com members, so you’ll also save money if you go with DS. Anyway, you’ll be happy either way, but (and I say this without a hint of bias ;) ) as far as I can see DS has got Bluefin beaten in every department.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote