View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #23
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: 2011 Ford Focus Sport, Transmission Shudders :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaplay View Post
I got terrible news today, after being told it would be done under warranty and having my car pulled to bits, the dealer doesn't want to honor my warranty. They say this is due to the seal being not fitted correctly by another ford dealer during a repair! As I see it Ford is a company as a whole and should be responsible for all repairs no matter what ford dealer carried them out! Currently my car is sitting at the dealer without a gearbox. to me it is unacceptable and if it isnt fixed trust me I'll make it a PR S%!TSTORM!
This sort of response from the dealer really makes my blood boil....

Lets make some assumptions. Your car was bought with remaining factory warranty, your car has had minimal use, if your car was found with a defect it would have been repaired by a Ford service centre.

If they have records to show that part was worked on by another dealer why are YOU the one that has to make the calls, sort out who stuffed up etc etc etc.

I have been there myself, believe me. My car is right now in getting work done. That only happened after A LOT of calls.

Why must threads like this have posts like the above??? Why must you follow up and investigate these issues? If you are good with words, and persistent the job will get done, but like me, time after time, I found myself banging my head against a brick wall with the stupidity and ridiculousness of the whole situation.

You must first ascertain exactly who did the previous work and why. If it was done all above board, then don't pay a red cent, and don't let them put the car back together and send you on your merry way to chase up the other dealer. You have a Ford warranty, not a dealer warranty, and as such your car can be repaired at any centre.

Ford really needs to get on top of this sort of behaviour. A customer should never be told that they will not fix a car due to another Ford service centre stuff up. Let the managers / CRC sort out who pays what behind the scenes and just do the right thing by the customer to stop these sorts of threads / posts from showing up.

Was your car bought privately? Was it bought from a car lot or from a Ford dealer??

Privately, you may have an issue with your Factory warranty. It may have gone past a service date or they may find some other 'out' to not honour the warranty. ( I say this because when I was buying my Focus I also found one private that was 4K below the dealer one. When I called a dealer for more info I was lucky to have a chap on the phone who looked up the plate and advised me that that particular car certainly had NO factory warranty) That car was near new and had minimal km.

Car yard?? You would then have the 3 month / 5000km stat warranty.

Ford lot? Well they will fix it then. I would very much doubt they would condone selling a car that wasn't covered with factory warranty.

Keep us informed of what eventuates....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote