Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old Today, 06:32 PM   #2011
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmpicco View Post
Hi again mate, it’s a 4.0 L Falcon FG MK2 XR6 and it’s the pressure hose which I understand to be the pricey one. I have called the local Ford dealership here in Rockingham and they have said there is no availability showing and they will need to contact their distributor up in Welshpool near Perth.

Do you have any availability of this part?
I should be able to get the power steer hose, its around $350 plus postage which at a guess is around $20, but not sure. Just need to confirm next week if you are interested.

GT
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Today, 07:58 PM   #2012
crmpicco

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Sedan and ute have the same bottle, how ever FG1 is different to FG2 and FGX (the later 2 are the same) so if it is an FG1 style it wont fit your car being an FG2.
Is FG2 the same as FG MK2? If so, that’s what I have. Also, I’m slightly confused because the description of the item says it fits FGX until 2016. What do you think?

Item Details

Make / Model: FORD FALCON
Year: 2010
Stock Number: 00006494
VIN: 6FPAAAJGCMAY90540
Odometer: 1000 Kms
Colour: Red
OEM:
Conditon/Comments:
Part Also Fits

FALCON 2008 - 2016 FG-FGX, 05/08-12/16
FALCON 2002 - 2008 BA-BF, SEDAN/UTE, 10/02-0
Old Today, 08:07 PM   #2013
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmpicco View Post
Is FG2 the same as FG MK2? If so, that’s what I have. Also, I’m slightly confused because the description of the item says it fits FGX until 2016. What do you think?

Item Details

Make / Model: FORD FALCON
Year: 2010
Stock Number: 00006494
VIN: 6FPAAAJGCMAY90540
Odometer: 1000 Kms
Colour: Red
OEM:
Conditon/Comments:
Part Also Fits

FALCON 2008 - 2016 FG-FGX, 05/08-12/16
FALCON 2002 - 2008 BA-BF, SEDAN/UTE, 10/02-0
Yes FG2 is same as FG MK2 which is what your vehicle is.

From the catalogue the two have different part numbers so there must be a differnce.

BA BF FG Mk1 2002-2011 use bottle BA17618A.

FG Mk2 & FGX 2011-2016 use bottle BR2Z17618AA.

So based off the catalogue (which has been wrong in the past) it advises two different bottles between the above models. Soto be sure if getting a used bottle, get one out of a FG2 or later.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: