The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM   #811
Boosted_G6

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Ok so running a recore

Mine currently does not want to work :(

I get a strange error coms error when I hit recore

Elm327 cable does quality matter tried in hs and Ms mode but no luck

Also for some reason my radio station with blank screen icc, on my cluster it self it shows up as audio Off but music is playing my cluster is all working before

Does this mean my unit has died completely and not just a simple recore flash is needed
Boosted_G6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 01:52 AM   #812
Amraks
Starter Motor

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_G6 View Post
Ok so running a recore Mine currently does not want to work :(I get a strange error coms error when I hit recore Elm327 cable does quality matter tried in hs and Ms mode but no luckAlso for some reason my radio station with blank screen icc, on my cluster it self it shows up as audio Off but music is playing my cluster is all working beforeDoes this mean my unit has died completely and not just a simple recore flash is needed
I'm yet to get a Elm327 to try a recore in the car.But I have used the UART with pin 6 and seen its got a heap of corruption.yours might be as bad as the one I am trying to fix. If only we knew if replacing the ram chips would work or if its the flash chip. can these chips be blank and still accessed by ODB2? Because if that's the case Ill order the chips and the stencils(if needed) to reball new chip.
Amraks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post