Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
Mad_Max
Starter Motor

Question XB Hard Top / Coupe Wanted Not Fussy

Hi People, You will more than likely tell me to keep dreaming, but hear goes!!

Looking for an XB Coupe / Hard Top
Bit Rusty, Dont Care
Very Rusty, Do Care
Missing Engine and Box, Dont Care
Rolling Shell with all the panels would be good

Note: Have been watching very close - Ads on Ebay and Trading Post
for Xa, b, c, Coupes and Sedans. Also been watching XY's, w's.

My thoughts?
well when you see 2 XB Coupe Shells, one ending 1 day before the other and the one ending first starts at $2000 and does not get one bid in 10 Days, the other listed just below it starts at $3500 and gets 5 bids, no need to tell me whats going on there!

I will offer $500 (what I am aiming for) to $1000 (my Limit of Funds for now)
for a rolling Shell.

Like I said, I have been looking, so I know someone out there needs the money for that project they dreamed of, thats just sitting there collecting rust. I have an empty Garage that will not let your dream disapear into a pile of rust worth nothing! How Long can you hold it for? Tried Ebay? Trading Post? and cant get what everyone thinks they are worth in a Project only state?

Everyone talks, like they know the real deal, "its worth this much, I know, because I am a ford Fan" well i will tell you, I dont know everything, but I do know this, I got a lazy $500 sitting there, waiting for you to call me. Put your pride aside, and let some one take on that project who can finish it.

Remember, My Target Price is $500, How much are you willing to lose by keeping it out in the rain?

Final Thought
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/falcon-xb-cou...QQcmdZViewItem
This guy has done a bit of work, and i think its close to what he wants, he cut some rust out and welded, blah blah blah.

Compare your ride to this! Have you done anything to it? has it got much rust?

Max 0412 043 096
Western Sydney

Old 20-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Tell him he's dreaming
Old 20-12-2006, 06:45 PM   #3
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

i realy think you better let it go or you will go silly
Old 20-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
fordcrank

Just because you've only got bus money in your pocket doesn't mean they are worth bus money!

Everybody, and I mean everybody, knows how desirable coupes have become and your chances of jumping on a Ford Lovers site and finding members giving them away would be described as remote at best.

$500 will buy you a rusty XB sedan at best. You get what you pay for.

Keep dreaming.
Old 20-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
2002auxr6
Drunk!

stay off the drugs man
Old 20-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #6
Mad_Max
Starter Motor

No need to get crank_y, Just telling what I see around the traps
Old 20-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #7
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Like yourself Mad Max I keep my eyes open, and I think your chances of getting anything remotely what you want for $500 are slim to not likely.
check the parts peddler, you may find a shell but I suspect it would cost more than 500. even the glass costs more than that.
Old 21-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #8
BTTB
Free XD

I think an XC rolling shell with a lil rust went for $5k+ on eBay the other day

good luck finding one for $500 LOL

you'll probably spend $4000 in "time and effort" just
looking for one that cheap
Old 21-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #9
Mad_Max
Starter Motor

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/XA-Fairmont-c...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 21-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #10
Mad_Max
Starter Motor

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ford-xa-coupe...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 21-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #11
Mad_Max
Starter Motor

XC Shell - $5000 lol
Old 21-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #12
BTTB
Free XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Max
XC Shell - $5000 lol
correction

$5600

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....6157&rd=1&rd=1

Old 21-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #13
Boss 330
miss my V8

mate if hardtop shells were going for 500 id buy ten of them. Ive looked at every website imaginable looking for a hardtop myself and i think there are about 6 currently for sale in "project" condition, and not one of them is going for 500 bucks. mate people pay 500 bucks for a bonnet!!!!!
Old 21-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #14
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

So what would you class as not much rust??
The first xa you have there needs about 15k spent on rust repairs,and thats only what you can see.The second one has days left to run.
Old 21-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #15
Livin'InThe70's
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey MAX, how long have you been watching ebay for? You are from western Sydney, so why didn't you buy this? Did you even look at it, or are you just kidding yourself?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=260054044346
Old 21-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #16
Mad_Max
Starter Motor

Quote:
Final Thought
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/falcon-xb-co...1QQcmdZViewItem
This guy has done a bit of work, and i think its close to what he wants, he cut some rust out and welded, blah blah blah.

Still No Bids????
and I posted that on this site, with all you "experts" LOL
$500 you would buy ten!!
Half of these coments look like they come from school boys who still get there mums to cut the Crust off there sandwich!!!

How many Examples do you need??????????????

Was I asking your thoughts on values??
Who Cares what you so called experts think your S*** Box is worth??

No body wants your car, I want a project that will be a weekend hobby to get my thoughts off my businesses.

And to Ford_****, I got one point for you, I said AIMING FOR and Limit for Now, I dont have Bus Money, I have 120 Employees, so when XMAS is over, and my businesses get back up to speed, Funds " If I Choose " could buy you Tasmania, so you could return home, They stopped Poof Bashing down there Years ago anyway
No Bodys dreaming here Mate! Keep your thoughts to your self and keep reading those tex books. Sounds like $1000 would make a difference in your pocket, thats why you get so heated talking about the difference between $500 and $2000 - I bet if I gave you $1000 you would tell the world you have wone Lotto. Thats the difference between you and me, I am a business man, you how ever, are a WORK FOR THE MAN
People you talk about People Like ME.
Old 21-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #17
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Quote:
Final Thought
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/falcon-xb-co...1QQcmdZViewItem

Still No Bids????
and I posted that on this site, with all you "experts" LOL
$500 you would buy ten!!
Half of these coments look like they come from school boys who still get there mums to cut the Crust off there sandwich!!!

How many Examples do you need??????????????

Was I asking your thoughts on values??
Who Cares what you so called experts think your S*** Box is worth??

No body wants your car, I want a project that will be a weekend hobby to get my thoughts off my businesses.

And to Ford_****, I got one point for you, I said AIMING FOR and Limit for Now, I dont have Bus Money, I have 120 Employees, so when XMAS is over, and my businesses get back up to speed, Funds " If I Choose " could buy you Tasmania, so you could return home, They stopped Poof Bashing down there Years ago anyway
No Bodys dreaming here Mate! Keep your thoughts to your self and keep reading those tex books. Sounds like $1000 would make a difference in your pocket, thats why you get so heated talking about the difference between $500 and $2000 - I bet if I gave you $1000 you would tell the world you have wone Lotto. Thats the difference between you and me, I am a business man, you how ever, are a WORK FOR THE MAN
People you talk about People Like ME.
1st, 2nd and FINAL warning. Abuse of other members will NOT be tolerated. Do it again and you'll find you become VERY unwelcome.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 21-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #18
fordcrank

What an intelligent, well constructed reply. A business that employees 120 people and you can afford to skim $500 off the top for a project......sounds successful!!!!
Old 21-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #19
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordcrank
What an intelligent, well constructed reply. A business that employees 120 people and you can afford to skim $500 off the top for a project......sounds successful!!!!
No need for that either. His business and budget is not our concern.

Old 21-12-2006, 10:07 PM   #20
Livin'InThe70's
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
No need for that either. His business and budget is not our concern.

That's a fair comment. BUT, a bloke who storms in, claiming to be the man, (with 120 employees, but can only afford $1000), should NOT be shooting his mouth off. Especially when he has NO clue. Although, it is a hell of a good laugh, though!!

PLUS, I am disappointed Max didn't reply to my earlier comment. The question still stands.

Will
Old 21-12-2006, 11:53 PM   #21
b2tf
not here much anymore

I am surprised I missed this thread but if I get one more report about it, it will disappear as will some of the people posting in it.

Back on topic, no insults, no off topic stuff, and away we go.
Old 21-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #22
protd
TUFF FORDS

Are you for real.. Sounds like you are the schoolboy.. It is school holidays again.. 120 employee's yea right.. If your the man the world is in trouble..
Old 21-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #23
Mad_Max
Starter Motor

Your the one who is mates with BATMAN
Old 21-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #24
protd
TUFF FORDS

you wont last long here..
Old 21-12-2006, 10:48 PM   #25
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Mad max,trying to be constructive here and as a business man you should understand this.I really dont think you will find one for that price because the sum of its parts is worth more than your offer.
UNLESS you find some poor individual,widow etc who dosent know its worth,and you take advantage.
I have been through the same thing,my original budget was many times yours,all I could find was rubbish,in the end I doubled it and found my car.
Old 21-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #26
paddy351
Ford Nut

Hi Max a guess all people are trying to say find a good straight clean car or even factory v8, so just think how hard it is to restore and your finished product. i would rather pay money for a good example.

p.s xbgs fac v8 or more plates than original metal.
Old 21-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #27
Tony xa
Streetrides panel & paint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Tonys qualified advice on paint and panel is always very good 

You could try superoo here in Perth for a shell as I had a look at some coupe shells that I would pay about 500.00 for but when I say I would pay 500.00 for I mean they are stuffed even then I think you would be hard pressed to get them for that .

Just my little 2cents worth I don't think for the money you are going to get anything that will not fall apart during transet but best of luck to you .
Old 22-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #28
Mad_Max
Starter Motor

Ok fair call Nugget, I had placed an ad in a spot clearly where no old timer will travel, and as you can read, that is how the ad was formulated. I dont really expect to get a sale off anyone who is a regular on this Forum, but you type in XB Coupe wanted in Google and hay presto, Ford Forums will pop up and the words from this thread come alive. Some people may search "Wanted XB Hard Top" in Google if they are trying to sell one, to tap into a target Audience.

I agree, if I had an XB Coupe, which is in reasonable shape that I just inhereted, and I know they sell for X W Z, I will look to get X Y Z.

But, a Middle aged Female who just inhereted an XB Hard Top which knows nothing about them..Different story

I was not really that disturbed to tell you the truth, about the comments, it just a little over the top when every man and his dog keeps making them. Should someone I want find the ad, they read below, and there goes my chances. They have just educated the uneducated.

I am not jumping on anyones thread and shooting my mouth off, this thread was started by me, and I am just responding to Bagging. I used to be a member on here a while ago, so I'm not new either. I am not the type to sit there and let anyone bag me, so if you dish it out you should take it also, thats fair game!

Sorry to affend you so bad people, but I am good at responding to provocation, you just seen it, and you will no doubt keep seeing it. But lets remember, if we are all on here in most of the other threads helping each other out with tech Questions, why the slander? as soon as I posted that thread, I was getting the YOUR DREAMING, and all the opinions under the sun, no need for it.

As for the Business, yes, at the moment, its down to 120 Staff, and if I told you what the number was 6 months ago, you would not think twice about commenting, I am sure of that. There is 2 regular people on the Ford Forums that I know, that are very active on here, most of you might recognise. They could vouch for me that I am no con, But I have no reason to make you all beleive me? why would I? Don't think you would get any satifaction knowing how much I earn, what I do for a living, this has all started from an Advertisement. How sad is that?

As you all check back on this ad, yes, I am grabbing your attention, just think I am getting all of you fired up, I am getting your attention, Remember... Who talks about who? even casper is talking about me. Your predictabley thinking "my XB Coupe is worth more than that" By now, you have been checking Ebay, Trading Post, I rekon the guy who went into his Computers history, must have spent hours looking for that page on the XC Coupe, thanks alot by the way, you gave me great satisfation. The list goes on, wow, I thought I could only make my staff react when I walked into the room. You guys are good fun! thanks. NO NO I really mean it, you really make me laugh, thanks

I dont need Drugs, I need this site! I feel all happy, and Bubbly... Any one for a Cuddle?? We can kiss and make up now MMMWWWAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Still Reading? Hay, I bet you told your wife much about this Thread, are you going to call her over to read the update?? I bet you tell her she has got to read this!!!! Keep talking people!!!!

I cant wait to hear the next thread, its like, your watching the worst show in the world, but something is making watch it??? Cant seem to get away from it can you?
I bet most of you have read my Profile! No No, lets be frank, you are really into what I say! You read one thing I wright, and your hooked. You cant get me out of your head. I bet you have been thinking about me for hours, the next time you have a fight with your wife, she will mention again, that you are so into that car, and that website, its childish. She will again, get you thinking about me! you will go to the pub, spill your thoughts to your mates, and eventualy, you will talk about me! You wont want to at first, because you are thinking I wont give hime the satisfaction, but you will.
Old 22-12-2006, 01:24 AM   #29
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I dont see what the problem is people, to me it makes perfect sense.
If madmax posted here looking for a coupe shell with 5k in his pocket you would all bee rubbing your hands together thinking we got a sucker here and tryin to flog him parts cars and all types of crap.
You dont become a successful business operator handing over cash willy nilly now do you.
Old 22-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #30
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I am getting your attention, Remember... Who talks about who? even casper is talking about me.
Mmmm, nope. You're just another poster who stepped out of line. One of many. I posted, checked your profile and noted your IP as per normal procedure. Sorry to disappoint, nothing special here.

Closed Thread