Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 
Default Which Brit/Other HAS recieved their stimulus cabbage payment?

Well this will make your blood boil.

We have had a few O/S workers due to severe skills shortage. Last year my company decided to treat them like a hard hit so they where all glad to go home. Well now they have all received their $800.

A lass in Indonesia. Not her fault. She was a PR but married an Indonesian and went home.

Three Brits. One has jokingly said it was compo for having to live in Australia for a year.

So Currys is selling wide screens to UK Chavs thanks to KRUDD.

And I didn't get a cent. Thank you. See you at the ballot box.

: :

JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Is this thread here so you can abuse them for stealing your RuddBucks?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Is this thread here so you can abuse them for stealing your RuddBucks?
There was never any RuddBucks with my name on them.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

There are Aussies who received the American handout, its chickenfeed in the grand scheme of things.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #5
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

I dont get any any Rudd money either

:(

Curse my non resident status for the 2008 tax year
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 03:03 AM   #6
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

I did, my wide did, and we're flying back to the UK with the money !!
Old 09-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
TadKa
Wait? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontPom
I did, my wide did, and we're flying back to the UK with the money !!
She might be a bit big but it's rude to say she's wide.
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

How long were they here?.

If it was more than 12 months and they paid tax then they get the $$.

Simple really.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Exactly, I dont know what the fuss is about.

Oo\===/oO
Old 09-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I think its obvious. JG66ME is a bit annoyed that the cash is not going to stay in our economy by way of fact it was sent overseas. I can understand him being upset.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Well this will make your blood boil.

We have had a few O/S workers due to severe skills shortage. Last year my company decided to treat them like a hard hit so they where all glad to go home. Well now they have all received their $800.

A lass in Indonesia. Not her fault. She was a PR but married an Indonesian and went home.

Three Brits. One has jokingly said it was compo for having to live in Australia for a year.

So Currys is selling wide screens to UK Chavs thanks to KRUDD.

And I didn't get a cent. Thank you. See you at the ballot box.

: :
Wow; political vitriol, spite, a couple of racial slurs and a dummy spit all in one post.

Why did you not get the $900? Did you earn too much? Well you are already better off than those who received the retroactive tax rebate.

If you did not pay tax then you are not a contributor so you get nothing.

These foreigners that paid tax here last year. Did they do that because they worked here, ate and drank here, lived here and generally contributed to our economy?

Do Australians who paid tax here but are currently overseas not deserve their $900? Our troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, Timor or pussas etc, volunteers abroad, tourists, backpackers etc etc.

Instead of whinging and moaning why don't you go out and do something to help stimulate the economy. Buy a new FG. Eat at a restaurant. Become a volunteer tour guide and help convince tourists to spend their money.

Buy $900 worth of Australian beer and rum and then hold a party for AFF members

Life goes on.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well said 'flappist' saved me from writing similar.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #13
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Well said 'flappist' saved me from writing similar.
No one can touch the flappist. How dare you say you can do similar.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEL2XR8
No one can touch the flappist. How dare you say you can do similar.
Back in ya box boy,you know not of that of which you speak.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #15
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Back in ya box boy,you know not of that of which you speak.
Roger that captain.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #16
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Wow; political vitriol, spite, a couple of racial slurs and a dummy spit all in one post.

Why did you not get the $900? Did you earn too much? Well you are already better off than those who received the retroactive tax rebate.

These foreigners that paid tax here last year. Did they do that because they worked here, ate and drank here, lived here and generally contributed to our economy?

Do Australians who paid tax here but are currently overseas not deserve their $900? Our troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, Timor or pussas etc, volunteers abroad, tourists, backpackers etc etc.

Instead of whinging and moaning why don't you go out and do something to help stimulate the economy. Buy a new FG. Eat at a restaurant. Become a volunteer tour guide and help convince tourists to spend their money.

Buy $900 worth of Australian beer and rum and then hold a party for AFF members

Life goes on.......
I didn't see the racial slur there Flappist

Curry's is a large retailer based in the UK

Maybe he HAS a new FG and not a Nissan........ :
Old 09-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #17
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
I didn't see the racial slur there Flappist

Curry's is a large retailer based in the UK

Maybe he HAS a new FG and not a Nissan........ :
Ok, if that is the case I withdraw the racism inference. I have heard persons from Pakistan and India referred to as curries and as there are many of them in London now I misunderstood the comment.

As far as the FG vs Nissan, buy another one then, my datto was last year, I have bought two more vehicles since, one of which is a falcon and will probably take advantage of the 30% next month assuming that FPV finally deliver the F6E that I wanted to buy a year ago. If not then I will wait.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #18
mikestp
EF Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

The stimulus package was to stimulate our economy, not to be a way of saying thanks to those people who have paid tax in the past. JG66ME was just making the point that people who no longer live in Australia will not be stimulating Australia's economy
mikestp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #19
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestp
The stimulus package was to stimulate our economy, not to be a way of saying thanks to those people who have paid tax in the past. JG66ME was just making the point that people who no longer live in Australia will not be stimulating Australia's economy
ALLLA BLEEDING LOOYA.

Exactly
Old 09-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
3vXT

Quote:
+1

Anyone throwing around the 'Someone got 900 free dollars and they don't deserve it' or 'I didn't get any money and i deserve something' arguments are missing the point.
I kind of agree that someone now living in another country shouldn't have received anything (on the basis that they probably won't come back here just to spend it).
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #21
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
+1

Anyone throwing around the 'Someone got 900 free dollars and they don't deserve it' or 'I didn't get any money and i deserve something' arguments are missing the point.
I kind of agree that someone now living in another country shouldn't have received anything (on the basis that they probably won't come back here just to spend it).
Thanks mate, another one that gets it.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #22
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
JG66ME was just making the point that people who no longer live in Australia will not be stimulating Australia's economy
And Flappist was making the point the Australians (civil and Military) that are overseas ALSO get the package
and will probably be spending it in whatever country they're in
Old 09-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Wow flappist that is one of your best. I'd bow and take my hat off to you but I fear you'd tell me I'm doing it wrong.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #24
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Chavs

Oo\===/oO
Old 09-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #25
futura97
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Good post flappist. I gotta say I was a bit ****ed to hear about brits/others getting the $900, but after reading your post I have rethought about it. I agree with you 100%, they have helped out the aussie economy by being here, and if they worked and paid tax then they deserve the stimulus package as well.
futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #26
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura97
they deserve the stimulus package as well.
Except it ain't stimulating our economy.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #27
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

racist?????

Having lived there for 6 years that isn't racist - so is the term bogan racist?

all those re-read the original post

JG66ME has no an issue with overseas people getting the bonus, but those who have repatriated. ie gone home, returned to their birth place, relocated....

anyway - time to check out of this thread

i am too short to get on the high horses around here....
Old 09-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #28
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
racist?????

but those who have repatriated. ie gone home, returned to their birth place, relocated....

Exactly.

I AM NOT RACIST. Some of those are people I employed. I am bitterly disappointed that they went back.

Flappist, shame on you, you have missed the point completely. Normally we agree. And I have a new FG. I do a lot for the AU economy. Including managing the winning of export work in the many millions for my company.

And I am not losing sleep over this or myself not getting $800. I don't need an $800 gift. The reason I didn't get it was because I paid way to much tax, if you get my drift.

The fact that it is a waste erks me. Does not stimulate the Australian economy. Cannot wait for the next budget, not.

Life goes on.

Oh yes, Currys UK = Harvey Norman AU
Chav UK = Bogan AU.

All of those Brits are still my friends. The Indonesian lass would get another job with us tommorow, what a hard worker she was.

Last edited by JG66ME; 09-05-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #29
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
The fact that it is a waste erks me. Does not stimulate the Australian economy. Cannot wait for the next budget, not.
I'm completely opposed to the 'stimulus package' and have to live with the fallout due to the missus having to sit on the ATO hotline (as I type) and being abused by clowns who have never paid tax... but I digress.

For the stimulus package to go ahead in a timely manner, the criteria had to be a simple one. You paid tax more than the minimum and less than the maximum taxable income in 2008... start adding guidelines and the bonus gets pushed out 6+ months.

It's all a waste. It all irks me. My children's children's children will be paying off the billions of dollars flushed down the toilet, sadly those that earn above the curve who received nothing will be slugged with more tax. :
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #30
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

it works both way, and I am glad it did...

I normally would have missed out of the AU stim payment as I earn too much (apparently) BUT this time around whoo hoo...I picked up 2 US payments of 600 USD each and as I was only back in AUS for 3 months last financial year and worked and my wife has always had to pay the tax on the investments as she doesnt work...we both got the full whack of the AUS payments...... thank you Mr Obama and Thank you Mr Rudd......

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post