Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Default 8 car pile up!

Well basically I was involved in an 8 car pile up on monday 26-3-07 at about 8:25am. Was on CH7 news on monday night for the Perth people.

We were all stopped at the traffic lights and I was a bit back from the lights. Suddenly there was a huge screetching and I knew what was about to happen. Bang bang bang bang bang big shove just barely touched the car in front.

Jump out and ask the bloke infront if he was alright. He had no damage and I didnt have any on the front. So in that part we were all sweet. Start having a chat while other people are getting out. Police woman was driving past at the time so she jumped straight in and started doing the cop thing and it was all going sweet. I was suprisingly in a good mood, which is odd as I should have been wanting to rip someones face off. Any other day but for some reason I woke up in a REALLY good mood. Could have been the good time the night before or the red bull and powerade. Not sure but the boss pretty much changed that when he wanted me to just start work as soon as I showed.

Anyway had a look around and there was some major damage. I think at least 2 cars would have been written off and lots of insurance money will be getting spent.

So anyway At the least ill be getting a new rear bumper and exhausr as its bent. Number plate also. And getting the towball/chassis checked for damage and as long as the tub didnt bend it should be an easy job. Hopefully can get some other scratches on rear panels fixed too.

Sorry I didnt get pics of the line of cars as I just wanted to make like a tree and get the **** outa there.

So heres a couple of pics of my ute and the damage. Which isnt too bad! I got off fairly lucky. Just a little bit of soreness in my shoulder and thats it.

Pics are off my phone so dont whinge. At least there are some photos.

Gotta say Just Cars have been brilliant so far and are working it all out. And cos Im regional I can get quotes from whoever I want. YAY!

So lucky to be at the front. unlucky to be there in the first place as normally I would have passed by about 5 minutes later. Such is life.

Anyway there ya go. Any questions or whatever fire away!

Cheers,

Mark

crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post