Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

Default Suzuki SX4 V's late 80's/Early 90's Fairlane/LTD

Has anyone seen that new Suzuki SX4 ad??

A brand new 2007 model 4wd car, that suzuki are trying to market as a jack of all trades (4wd, sporty, commuter) only just manages to outrun a 1989-94 model ford fairlane after what looks to be a hell of a long chase and only when the poor old ford konks out. And it only gets away after it morphs into an S2000 rally car. The old fairlane looks to either get too hot (prob head gasket) or the electrics get a bit waterlogged by the seemingly never ending puddle that they drive through.

Is it just me? or do others think that it maybe reflects poorly on the SX4? The good old fairlane while nice for its time, but its time was when bob hawk was prime minister, and they were far from perfect. They were primarily designed for a much different demographic (ie, bowls club not 4wd or rally club). To only be just pipped by a mechanical failure after a very long chase to a brand new car is either one hell of an effort for ford or one hell of a failure for suzuki.

Why anyone would choose an upgraded glorified suzuki swift for a get away car is beyond me. why if you were afraid enough to run from the guys in the fairlane would you come to a u turn stop right infront of them when they break down?? why not run like hell if they were truely 'after' you???

The mob isnt exactly known for its love of crudbox old fairlanes for the purpose of chasing down and killing people. anyone ever hear how Mohkbell loved his NA Fairlanes??? The real mob drive mercs and bimmers, this must be the smith street mafia. no the bell st mafia.

THe mobsters just gave up when the car stopped while the suzuki was facing them stopped not more than 50mtrs away, AHHHH, why were they chasing the guy in the suzuki if they didnt plan to shoot him when they caught up with him??? they were in an industrial construction sight, no one is going to hear/say anything, time to cap that mo fo!!!

All round the ad is just rubbish and the person who came up with the concept should be shot. Its not really an achievement to outrun an old fairlane, especially if it took all day to do so. its certainly not something i would base my advertising campaign on.

brodfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post