Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Dezaman

Default really noob q about drag racing

so ive finally got my au falcon and it wasnt quite the speed i was expecting, not that i need speed, im still deciding on whether i want to spend anymore money to make it faster or just keep it till i can buy a ba, but i definetely want to have a car that will go rather fast, so ive been at a few drags and its pretty cool, i know a mate who races his old h commo at them and it seems like a lot of fun, me being a ford man and soon to have a new high paying job i thought it could be a bit of fun to join them, im a huge fan of the xc falcon ever since my dad had one and there magnificent cars, he always told me the strait six could lift the front two tyres of the ground of he floored it hard enough (i know his lying cause my au cant do that and its heaps faster) but to make a car that can compete how hard would it be, i mean just say i buy an old xc falcon from ebay for 500, jam a 351 windsor/cleavland into it, give it a 6 grand supercharger and replace the trans/dif and all the other parts to accomidate for the v8 engine, other then a good set of mags and the obvious performance upgrades like new tyres and cat back exhaust system is there some huge thing that my car wont have that other drag cars will, like my mates holden isnt street legal and that xc i just told u about is street legal, i think im missing some huge thing here..., oh and also with the 351 windsors whats this "boring' dont they come stock as 351 windsors rather then being a slower engine and them making it a 351??? cheers for any help, Deza

Dezaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post