Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default servicing

Hi.

Went to Ultra Tune yesterday and they have given me a list of things that needed to be fixed costing around $1000, so i thought I'd knock some of the stuff on the list myself. I've got a couple of questions and would greatly appreciate any help.

1. What type and brand of brake pads should i be looking for. I need them just for normal driving and don't want a lot of dust. I've heard the Bendix Ultimates are harsh on the discs.

While changing the pads i also want to flush the brake fluid. How do i go about doing this properly, and how much brake fluid will i need to buy.

2. What coolant should i use and how much does the falcon take. Also how can i do a full flush of the system so that i can get most of it out. I've read another thread where someone has only been able to get 5L out.

Thanks for all your help.

JMO is offline   Reply With Quote