Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #1
hrtrip
I Hope Holden Dies

Default Car Just Written Off By Police... :(

Some sad news for Ford Lovers...

My beloved 92 EB Series 2 Fairmont was written off last Tuesday by an undercover policeman... To cut a long story short, I was driving round a bend on a 2 lane road that was cut down to 1 lane due to roadworks. I was driving behind a Subaru Forrester and then once the roadworks had finished I pulled into the left hand lane and was driving alongside the Suby. The police then decided to turn left from the right hand lane and obviously didn't see me. The Suby collected me just in front of my door and then we skidded next to each other for about 30 metres going over a gutter or two... The whole right hand side of the car is caved along with the front and rear bars, the bonnet, the bootlid, my ED XR6 grille, headlights, 2 ED XR8 rims, 2 tyres, numerous steering components and who knows what else...

The police have admitted fault so I'm waiting to get my payout. Just curious to know what I should be expecting in terms of a payout as everyone seems to have very differing opinions.

The car was silver, on LPG, 230,000kms, ED XR6 Grille and headlights, ED XR8 rims, good rubber, engine was ok, tranny was ok, interior was very clean. Let me know what you think people.

HRT R.I.P (as well as my EB)

Icon Blue BFII Fairmont
Stock as a rock... :(
hrtrip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post