Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #26
XRchic
Hello

I also would like to add something on the physical appearance issue. A girl or fella who has a good heart and values a person for who they are WILL NOT CARE what you look like. If they DO care what you look like, then they obviously value your appearance more than your substance and are therefore NOT THE PERSON for you.

Unfortunately, these days, a lot of people are affected by peoples appearance and often it is possible to love someones personality but also have concerns about the way they look. Often it is nothing to do with their own tastes and opinions re your physical appearance but often it is more about them being worried what other people will think. Like, a fella who loves you dearly for who you are, but is embarrassed to take you out with his new work mates because he thinks they will think less of him for being with you.

I am a large chic - size 18ish, but tallish as well (5 foot 10 ish). Im not overly pretty but Im not a bushpig either. But my fella (who is 13 years younger than me and HOT! I might add), loves me for who I am, regardless of how I look. He treats me like his princess and makes me feel better about myself. It took me a long time to find him, but they are out there, trust me! Someone will come along and see SOMETHING in you that others have missed, and they will see something they want. Just be patient and wait - it happens when you least expect it.

I have a mate at work. He is married. But he has girls all over him at work. He is rather unnattractive. However, he has the most awesome personality you could ever have in a guy. Perfect! He is funny, kind, smart, really considerate etc etc. And because of that, he appears as attractive to women around him - they LOVE him! His wife adores him. His personality just makes his looks NOT an issue at all, in fact, it makes him seem adorable!

On the other hand, there was another guy at work and he was a stunner. Model material. But he treated his wife so badly she left him and took their kids. He treats females badly at work, he is a sexist and arrogant nasty pig. So he comes across as unnattractive. Physically, he just does not look nice to me, I find him repulsive.

I really do think that personality can really affect how someone appears to other people, regardless of their actual physical features. There are just some people who are not attractive at ALL in the phyiscal sense but something ELSE about them makes them seem so appealing nonetheless... look at a lot of movie stars who often are not that attractive but always have a guy or girl anyway!

Dont give up, just keep being a nice bloke, be yourself, dont go changing because other people expect or want you to and you will find that someone will love you for who you are, as an overall package, not just a body or face.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post