Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Modifications and Insurance

Hey all,

Currently I'm with Sgio and pay $650 a year with my current mods (I'm 19 with flawless record.. so far).
The problem is with having an XT and wanting it lowered, they will not allow me more then 30mm.

Just car want $1250 for my mods + the suspension which I would rather not pay, I can increase the excess to decrease the premium, but I'm not all that comfortable in doing that. Though I may end up having to do this. I'm quite happy to pay up to around $900, but not sure it will be possible.

The car is in the parents name, and currently with Sgio there is something like a $1700 discount per year becasue of their no claim bonuses. Just car just ask for youngest driver details, and are still much cheaper over all.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for insurers?

I know some people who fudge their insurance a bit, and don't tell them all the details, which I'm also not willing to do.

I may end up with just car after all as I have found others to quote me over $2000.