Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
XR5 Likey
Starter Motor

Default XR5 Drive belt failure

I have a wonderful 11 months run with my Mondeo XR5 with no complaints and I have been nothing but impressed by the car.......

Until last Friday.....

The car is my work vehicle and has just clocked up 30 K in the 11 months I have had it. These are predominately sedate Eastlink trips with a few longer family trips. I was travelling back from a work visit in the country and the car stopped and the main serpentine drive belt had failed. It had shredded itself.

I have since had feedback that the belt is not covered by warranty as it is a wear and tear item???

I in all my years 30 of driving I have not had one fail. With the age of the car I would be surprised if it should have worn and torn this early.

What I would like to know is if anyone else has had similar experience. I am in intending to bring this up with for customer service and try and get some clarification on what life expectancy should normally be expected for these parts.

I would appreciate some of your experience, and input. :

XR5 Likey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post