Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-08-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Default Found my old coupe...in bits on ebay.

Gday Folks,

One young (well getting old now) mans tale of woe!

After popping another 351 in my XE today when I was being a bit "vigorous" I figured I would have a look at ebay and see what fords were about.
I figured living near the ocean now my XE is going to rust out pretty quick so I might buy another falcon to replace it rather than spend more cash on one I will get rid of soon anyway.........simple enough innit?

Browising ebay and I see a photo that was taken by ME where I used to LIVE a few years back of MY old bloody XC coupe! I assumed at first someone had ripped the pics off here and was using them to scam someone as the pic had been photoshoped to look like it had red brakes.

Read it and no its no scam , its my old coupe that I sold because of my misguided love for a evil woman (who is long gone) that is now in pieces (or even more pieces than I had it in) with no motor etc......just a roller pretty much.
I had to tell you I had a tear in my eye.

Two guys split it when they bought it , one wanted the motor to put in san XA I think it was (6/71 blown 4v stroker) and the body was supposed to be done up by the other guy who was talking retro tech stuff. I was kinda happy to think at least it was going somewhere where it would be on the road and stuff again but it wasnt to be........

http://cgi.ebay.com/XC-COUPE-For-Sal...QQcmdZViewItem

I would love to buy it back but that would be pointless and it missing the big dollar bits anyway now , but I have spent many a night missing that car and wishing I had never let it go.

All you young ones out there when you get something special , dont let it go!! And I dont mean women!!

Im going to drink a quiet beer now and bang my head on the empty bottle. :

bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post