Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #10
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Well holding a phone? Ok I can see talking on the phone being illegal, but holding one? how does this differ from holding anything else? So the Police will be consumed in looking for people holding phones, and not people that are causing accidents. So you know they won't be giving out warnings because it is "dangerous" teaching people why it is dangerous, they will be handing out tickets, bringing in the revenue, and not using precious time and resources in solving real problems. I fear that I will come back, drive on Australian roads and be shafted for everything in my wallet just because I am not used to this dictatorship of the roads, and being reminded how driving is a privilege and not a right I hold. Sorry, it's a right.... I could lose that right if I am not responsible, but driving is a right in todays society. Reading this stuff bothers me, because each 5 years or so, they have to go further and further in to this dictatorship, it never seems to go backwards. In Idaho, there are no speed traps, cameras, red light cameras etc... yet somehow most people seem to drive responsibly. So all that crap doesn't do anything but bring money in. I often drive a few mph over the speed limit, and cops don't care... If I was being an idiot, I am sure I would get pulled over. It's much nicer. Of course the state doesn't make as much money this way....
like i said in the rest of my earlier post, the govt can't set a separate rule for individuals depending on their ability so they set a blanket rule accross the board. if you are seen holding a mobile device, its a pretty fair assumption that you are about to use it or have been useing it. its not much different to changing a cd or adjusting radio or a/c etc but i've witnessed many times where a mobile device has been a major distraction.

and as for driving being a right??... err wrong... it is very much a privelege and one of the biggest problems is it isn't treated as such.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post