Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 
Question Centre Console Mod - thoughts

Just recently I've been able to grab some used bits off ebay for the Focus, have had an eye out for these for a while. Bought the below for $25 (AUD), sorry for the poor quality pic.

I've had the intention to paint/apply vinyl/etc to make my centre console look a little different, and thought having a relatively cheap extra set to work on would mean I don't have a hole in the centre console and can put the stock one back in when it comes time to sell.

Would be great to get people's thoughts colours/finishes I should go for. Given I have a Momo carbon fibre-look gear knob + leather boot...pic below, and want to keep with the understated look, please make your suggestions.

Some thoughts so far:
  • Piano Black finish (but shows finger prints/dust, and makes a dark cabin look even darker)
  • Apply carbon fibre-look sheeting (decent stuff, not the stuff you find at Superdodge Auto)
  • Apply brushed alloy-look sheeting (again, decent stuff).
  • Titanium Grey, metallic
  • Gloss grey with coloured flake
  • Pearlescent silver (my preferred choice atm - similar to stock, but with more depth and gloss). The stock silver is very flat and dull.
/thinking caps on

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post