Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
riverrat321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Statutory Warranty Problems...

Hi Guys, I purchased an AU XR8 from a dealer and was told it had a 3 month statitury warranty. It has a problem with a ticking noise. I'm hoping its not the engine and it's the exhaust. It also has a problem with the ABS light coming on intermittantly. Thay have had 3 attampts to fix the ABS light. They replaced 1 bracket on the exhaust and said that would fix the noise. They then said I would need to take it to an exhaust person to heat up and straten the exhaust and also have them attach it with more brackets to the car because there is a lot of movement.
1. I'm annoyed because it is still making the noise.
2. The ABS light is still coming on
3. It has an issue with the revs that stay up for a few seconds when you push in the clutch
4. The front headlight is loose.
They have succeeded in fixing a small oil leak for me but have not fixed the above issues. When I spoke to the sales manager today he said thats what you get when you buy a second hand car. he said he would look at it but it will only be covered by warranty if it stops working. He said the exhaust will only be a warranty job if it falls off or has a whole in it. he said the engine would be fine and the abs light is just a reset and nothing to worry about. ...Whatever that means.
Should all this stuff be covered in the warranty??? I work long hours and dont have time to keep going back. Any advice would be appreciated. again let me know if i'm being fussy with this. Personally I would never sell the car like this to anyone. I'm sure I can get this all sorted by a good mechanic, but I figure why have a warranty at all if its not going to be useful.

riverrat321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post