Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Scott

Default Brisbane Flood - BBQ Thread Sunday (Day 2)

Hi Guys,

On the job tomorrow are:

Scott
DASH GT
DJM83
The Monty
Aspro (mate of mine)
Col (mate of mine)
XR5T Brissy
MS33 & Mrs

We learned a bit on Day 1, mostly that we need to be flexible enough to be where the most need is. We need to setup "light" so as the core move along, so can we.

The blokes doing the rounds with an esky full off cold drinks were hugely successful and that will need to a focus again. Perhaps we think about doing similar to what we did later in the afternoon with respect to loading up a heap of cooked food into the ute and doing the rounds a bit too? Open for discussion.

We have enough arms and legs to have another great day, we have plenty of food, gas, and other supplies but ice and eskis are high on the list of wants.

As with day one, Sunscreen, panadol, handwash etc will be on hand - use the sunscreen!!

DASH GT can update if we need more drinks and what type but as mentioned, bring ice and eskis!

At this stage, we are looking to target areas around Mt Ommaney - maybe Sinnamon Park & Jindalee will fit the same bill.

For those who weren't there today, you can expect a day of walking around with an esky, letting people know there is food on and where to get it. Lots of people were asking "how much" so make sure you let them know it's free.

People will tell you there are more needy than themselves - make sure they know we have plenty to go around.

Suitable dress to start with is long pants, stout shoes, hat and sunnies - when we sort "the lay of the land" you may wish to ditch the long pants and don a pair of shorts as I did today.

There is no need to worry about bringing your own food and drink unless you have a specific want or need. Plenty of snags, onions, soft drink and water will be there to keep you going.

So, as mentioned, Mt Ommaney is where we're planning to start - if I can get a consensus then we will head to the Mt Ommaney shops. Happy to hear if there is a better, maybe less crowded spot to meet and depart from.

A really BIG THANKS to the guys who pitched in today:

DASH GT;
Dazzler;
geckoGT;
SLO AU XR8;
MS33 & Mrs;
Aspro (friend of mine)

Day 2, here we come!

Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post