Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Thumbs down Sooooo we attempted to buy a G6E-T ...

Got a call from dad yesterday . waddya up too?

Let's go check out some cars .... Ok so he has my attention , we have NEVER done this!

Brochures in hand and options discussed what colours do i like i couldn't work out if it was for him or a surprise for me ... I needn't have worried because after visiting 3 dealerships.. Q-Ford, Denmac & Bremer ....

He wasn't buying anything from any of them !!

Shame because the Seduce G6E-T with Cashmere interior was coming home with us , believe it.... $51000 11 plate or a similar spec 10' model for $48K..

We got the run around on details , dad was asking about the Aug updates ??

Couldn't get any concrete info on changes if any .. so after wasting 1/2 hour or so and being none the wiser we got shuffled inside to nut out some figures..

We could have had the Seduce car straight up , but dad wanted to know possible future options (doesn't do internet or buy magazines) and we specced up a NEW one with sunroof and towbar option to compare prices..

Salesman pencilled in some figures on his note pad DIDNT give us anything in writing and said come back and see him when we were serious.... EXCUSE ME ...WTF !!

Dad explained he was serious but why cant you just tell me about the updates for the next model , i like this one (2011) i just want to know what extra fruit may be available??

Pretty hard question eh?

They wern't even trying to sell it to us ,they didnt seem to have any product knowledge at all about future models i even overheard Dad being told to wait for the 4cyl version as that would suit him more at another dealership ?!!!

My turn to talk turkey armed with the info i have learned and read on here i offered him $56000 fresh order with sunroof and tow pack give me the papers to sign now or $50000 we will take this one right now...

I Cannot do it at that price come back when you are serious... I said we ARE serious !

He said come back when you are more serious....

I now understand why people have switched to HSV .. I am embarrassed to say i am a Ford supporter when the people entrusted with making our dreams come true are either incompetant or have their heads severely stuck up their ***** !

Lucky i didnt type this yesterday i am still fuming .... Dad is now looking at a Hyundai i35 !

Last edited by Road Games; 27-03-2011 at 04:19 PM.