Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
Supercharged

Default Ford decision makers have me wondering at times

Ford decision makers have me wondering at times.
I was talking to the new car sales manager at the local dealership a couple of years ago and asked why the Focus was set out in European layout with the indicators on the left side, he said that Ford had told him it would cost $15 million to develop a stalk with the indicator on the right. He also said he could sell heaps of them to the traveling Nurses to name just a few but they have other vehicle types in their fleet and they want them to be the same layout. He also said half the people interested were put off straight away even though he assured them it would take just a couple of days to get used to it.
My wife was interested in one but as soon as I said the indicator was on the left that was the end of that. My mother has just purchased a new car and asked me about the Focus, I said it was a great car but knew as soon as I said the indicator is on the left it would be off the shopping list straight away which it was.
I was reading an article recently by a motor writer and he said it was a great car and couldn’t understand why it didn’t sell better than it does, well I know one reason.