Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Default Re: Still a Street Car the AFF definition.

Interesting thread, I find favour with Cfour/Gecko, CAT and the like.

As a dyno owner/operator engine builder and tuner, I find that the largest amount of people we deal with that own "quick" drag cars, actually kid themselves when they call them a street car.

90/10 shocks are illegal for road use, and if the shocks are adjustable, then it can take an otherwise safe handling car and make it a deathtrap.

If a car has front shocks that are rated to 90-10 or can be adjusted to that spec, technically the car is unroadworthy.

Im pretty sure that there are not any 7-8 second cars that are not running 90-10 shocks, therfore making the claim of "street" questionable.

If someone drove the car on a normal shock setting, and then tried driving it around the same bend adjusted incorrectly, it could end in disaster, which is why its not legal.

I dont think we have any "real" street cars in oz under the ten sec bracket, maybe just race cars with a lot of street gear that once in a blue moon might handle a cruise............

Nominating a car a "street" car on the drag strip that runs 9's or 8's or 7's is questionable because it is just that, questionable. Im sure they dont run normal rating shocks, 38-40 psi tyre pressure or our most common fuel, 98 octane.

my2c

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au