Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
KJGH
G6E Driver

Default Focus Remote Keys

Hi everyone!

Has anyone had to replace the remote module of their car key? I have just replaced mine (washing machine incident). The old module was rooted but would start the car and open the car old school via the dredded key hole. The remote functionality was just rooted.

I bought a new module and programmed as per the car manual instructions. Remote functions work but the car won't start now. There is something in the manual about data exchange between spare and new keys but I cannot get this to work. Does the data exchange mean copying key info to the other key? I'll try again later as I drained the battery trying which meant I had to push start the car to get it going again. I've given it a good drive and the battery seems to be better now. Anyone got any tips? I have had two quotes on getting it programmed at Ford dealers. Dealer 1 $95 and dealer 2 $45.

Ken