Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
Noelcbp
Starter Motor

Cool 2012 MC Mondeo Titanium Powershift problem

On Friday the car experienced a major transmission failure. On driving steadily away from traffic lights the car lurched a couple of times, there was a clunking sound, the engine revved and then there was no drive to the front wheels. A very dangerous situation as I was in heavy traffic. Fortunately I was able to cross under momentum in front of oncoming traffic and park in a side street. An attempt to reverse was impossible as reverse could not be engaged. With the engine off I checked for major oil leaks but the transmission area was bone try.
On restarting the car the transmission appeared to be OK. I headed for home but approx 5 Km down the freeway the tachometer surged and once again power was lost to the front wheels. On the dashboard the words 'major transmission failure' appeared The car was then towed to the dealer and I am waiting for an answer. The Service Dept have road tested the car and there has been no sign of the problem. I have been provided with a replacement Mondeo while this problem is being resolved.
Noelcbp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post