Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #11
xr8cam

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Thanks for your reply. yes, my wife has seen it all pretty much, and you may be suprised but borderlines are not uncommon, my mother has multiple borderline personality. My first post was purely meant as an awareness comment as I was pleasantly suprised that people were talking about the topic. My second comment was to clear up anybody's perception that somehow, I wasn't taking this seriously. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am 47yo and have battled with anxiety and depression for most of my life.I am in a good place at the moment, but constantly aware of 'triggers' and staying away from people and places that I don't do well around. I don't watch news or listen to talkback radio. My therapist (not my wife, I have my own) has taught me about keeping my conscious mind clear of negative images/information. I gave up all drugs, alcohol,cigarettes, caffeine and sugar. I take a few vitamins and fish oil/krill oil etc and walk daily 45 mins with my rescued dogs. Whilst this all sounds wonderful, I am only a second away from another visit from the blackdog...it is not easy to maintain mental health, but it is better than the alternative. Sincerely, Cameron.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: