Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2021, 08:27 AM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Pool Pump vs Jacaranda Debris

I was called out to a failed pool pump yesterday, I have never owned a pool or had anything to do with them besides swimming in one. It was my (apparent) reputation for getting stuff going which saw me there.

The pump impeller seemed to have got wedged by jacaranda twigs, I pulled it apart and cleaned out, it ran quietly thereafter and continues to operate per its timer. The 1070W motor seemed weak (not much reactive torque) when I dry ran it loose on the ground to test - is this normal? It had a large internal cap in the circuit.

Stopping debris getting that far, would be ideal. The “Kreepy Krauly” type cleaner only has a metal basket that looks like a coarse sieve, and it’s not physically attached. I’d think there could - or should - be a textile filter placed in the line before the pump as a way to stop the debris getting this far.

I figured there have to be a few pool gurus here, hoping for some pointers. Can go back during the week and get more pictures if required.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post