Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-03-2023, 10:37 PM   #10
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So maybe 2 years ago i gave my brother a hand taming his tiny backyard. Privits (dunno if thats what they were, but he says they are) were tall and everywhere so lopped them down at the time with my chainsaw and in general tidied the place up. That was 2 years ago.
So my brother asked for a hand again claiming 'it shouldnt be too bad'. I spose if he was honest i would have said no.
Dunno what brand of weeds it is, but vine things. Could not even get down the back steps. It took me about half an hour just chopping to free up the banisters and a path down the steps. These vine are no joke between 3 foot to maybe 5 foot all through the tiny yard. No chance in hell will a whipper snipper or slasher make any progress before getting wrapped up. So yes i gave my brother the 25cc snipper that works good, but it has no chance. Not lending my 51cc snipper even though i have a slasher blade for it, that thing also has no chance. These vines are dead down low, but up top are green and like ropes. So realistically hedge clippers or a macette are the better options, but for a start herbicide makes more sense.
So my brother bought the kill everything stuff, and a sprayer. Deffinately going to take a few rounds, but after only 30 minutes the green canopy of the vines had holes burning in it.
How bad this yard is is impressive for all the wrong reasons. Once dead and dried out it will whack down easy, run it over with a mower to chop it up.
I don't suppose you took note of the weed killers name? If it was "burning holes" within 30 minutes, I would suggest that it's a knock down type of product that won't kill the weed entirely. Probably enough for you to run through it with a brush cutter, but with the potential for it to re-grow in short order.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: