Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

Default timing advancement resistor mod chip on ebay

Theres these things on ebay for 18 dollars, a timing advancement resistor mod chip, claiming up to 20 hp gain. Is it worth getting one, i mean its only 18 bucks, could get ripped off worse aye? do they work?

Beetus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #2
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

I don't know, but sounds dodgy from what i have heard. There are other threads on this too somewhere.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
paulvdb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetus
Theres these things on ebay for 18 dollars, a timing advancement resistor mod chip, claiming up to 20 hp gain. Is it worth getting one, i mean its only 18 bucks, could get ripped off worse aye? do they work?
Not again !!!!

Why do people believe stuff on ebay!!!!

These used to be a fuel lean-out resister (10c worth for $18), now it's magically transformed into a timing advancement resistor!! (10c worth for $18). Caveat Emptor as they say.... Shame your replacement engine will cost more than $18...

Why not buy one of these plus some pills for the fuel tank, and some twisted bits of metal for the air intake, and the magnets, and the fuel injector heaters, and the Dry Ice Air intake - and you'll have the whole ebay collection.

End rant _2:
paulvdb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #4
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvdb
Not again !!!!

Why do people believe stuff on ebay!!!!

These used to be a fuel lean-out resister (10c worth for $18), now it's magically transformed into a timing advancement resistor!! (10c worth for $18). Caveat Emptor as they say.... Shame your replacement engine will cost more than $18...

Why not buy one of these plus some pills for the fuel tank, and some twisted bits of metal for the air intake, and the magnets, and the fuel injector heaters, and the Dry Ice Air intake - and you'll have the whole ebay collection.

End rant _2:

twisted bits of metal you mean a hiclone? they actually work, my dads got one in his courier van that does 600 km a day, it works. ide rather someone answer the question rather than take the ИИИИ out of me.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #5
INJECTED_250
Custom user title

Mate dont touch them.. its been covered heaps before on the forums..... spend the money on fuel instead
INJECTED_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #6
bob^
LPS

They work quite well when used with a Polarizer :P
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #7
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

whos got one?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Ohhh jesus! They are a crock of ИИИИ, everyone comes up and posts stuff about them mindlessly without searching. I think that the last person came up asking about them only a few weeks ago.

They are basically meant to trick the Air temp sensor into thinking that colder air is entering the intake. Once the PCM adapts to it, all gains are lost AFAIK. Its crap, I cant beleive they still are tring to sell them. They are popular only to the ingnorant and un mecanically savvy (Your VL-VS Executive drivers with green neons and hubcaps).

I doubt Beetus that you will find ANYONE here who has been sucked in by this very well known ebay scam. Search is your friend.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #9
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm I bought one but the manual says its needs to wire directly into my flux capacitator, where is this located?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #10
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Hmm I bought one but the manual says its needs to wire directly into my flux capacitator, where is this located?

Pop over to my place and bring a tourch and a long rubber glove! :
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #11
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetus
whos got one?
No-one. We know better.

It's crap. Do not buy one.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #12
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Well I've got an exhaust fan from my bathroom screwed onto my airbox with a hole cut out. Gives me an extra 600 kw. Only 19.99 from bunnings.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2006, 01:27 PM   #13
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Well I've got an exhaust fan from my bathroom screwed onto my airbox with a hole cut out. Gives me an extra 600 kw. Only 19.99 from bunnings.
Nice. I ended up pluming 237 computer fans into my air intake. Generates 0.05psi boost from idle all the way to redline. MPH didnt increase too much tho as I now have 19 batteries in my boot. Looks fully sic tho.

Beetus - unfortunately there are no free rides in this game, no magic tricks... if it looks too good to be true then assume it is. A few other threads on this topic will explain the theory behind why its a bad idea.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:39 AM   #14
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Still laughing at some replys here , but seriously cant we have a sticky clearly stating all the lame power mods for new members to view so as not to cop all the flack..

"Bathroom fan" lol you need shootin.......

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 07:56 AM   #15
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I got one of those $20 exhaust fans from bunnings for my kitchen and you can't hear it, the steam doesn't move, and it can barely even hold a peice of paper. I've moved more steam of my kitchen with one fart!

Just shows you get what you pay for.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #16
devil cv8

I might get on ebay and sell my tiger repelling rock.........

It works... there aren't any tigers near me
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #17
tjb45

You guys should buy some quality products from this place, http://kalecoauto.com/

I believe they have a Flux capacitor is on special this week..
tjb45 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #18
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

:
Old 12-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #19
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Well if you stand on your head facing Antartica while doing the hokey pokey and drinking a concoxian of rhino horn, parrot feathers and greem tea while wearing a bondage costume you may also get the same effect. Nothing.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #20
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Thanks TJB45, I've ordered my piston return springs and radiator insulator. I think I'll go back and order the lowering kit for that extra bling, and the muffler bearing.

Quote: