Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-10-2006, 10:07 PM   #31
fairmont au
fairmont ghia au 2 wagon

has any one got an easy way of doing leads without taking off the intake manifold
thanx
fairmont au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #32
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^only from under the car, apart from removing the intake snorkel they're about the only 2 ways
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #33
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Quote:
Originally Posted by autickfordfairmont
guys no point measureing top of guard to ground as different rims, tyres and pressures will give a variance in measurements, measure from the Centre of the wheel to the top of the guard, this way no matter what tyres or rims or pressures you have, all measurements are measured at exactly the same spot and a fair comparison is made. I will measure mine and put it up for you.
Measurements from Centre of wheel to top of arch front: 354mm and back: 365mm
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #34
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-AUII-MAX
Hi FalconSR
Glad to hear that your problems with the Bosch Super4 are over.
Can you tell me what type of Bosch plugs you got installed?
Available here in South Africa are the WR 91 X.
I have a Fairmont AUII 2002 and according to the Bosch Sparkplug catalogue it will take WR 91 V's. Unfortunately they are not available in SA.
Had to look real hard to get the Bosch4's (WR 91 X) and I do think now that perhaps one of the plugs is faulty and that's why it's missing.

On a different note: How about your interior lights?
Can you switch them on again after a couple of minutes driving?
Mine don't and it's sometimes quite annoying being in the dark.
wow south africa....and you have an AU people must think what on earth sorta car is that...lol

anyways the WR 91 V's are for the I6 motor inc XR6 and the WR 91 X is for the V8 motors inc XR8 and T series i think they are the same just youll have 2 extra plugs

my interior lights are fine not sure if you were asking me as i didnt read all the posts properly.

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #35
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont au
has any one got an easy way of doing leads without taking off the intake manifold
thanx
yeah ill list it

1. remove intake up to throttle body
2. wait for that 'heater' pipe to COOL i mean COOL or get a skin graph after its that hot
3. unplug one lead and replace (if you have a big arm its not easy and you'll find the plenum presses against your tendons and wont let you move your fingers lol)
4. repeats step 3 until all leads are done. try do the back ones first.
5. replace that plastic heat lining stuff on leads if you want
6. install intake
7. plug leads in to plugs
8. turn car on (with hand on key to KILL motor incase u cant read the number on leads on put wrong way around... :thebirds: )
9. test drive and hope to god you never have to do that any time soon.
10. get arrested for excessive swearing lol i could have.

enjoy :

nothing above was personal and i accept NO responsibility for any damage occured to you or motor vehicle

2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8

Old 28-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #36
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

I remove the bottom half of the air box too so I can reach my hand through and get to the coil pack. Plug manufactures recomend that you dont lubricate the threads of your plugs cause the plug threads are nickle coated and this acts as a anti sieze. It also apparently changes the torque spec dramatically. I have run super 4 for years and never had problems but i reckon that the super pluses are better. WR9LCX+ for engine code "h" and WR9LEV+ for engine code "y" (post 4/00) Ithink.
Have you eva notice who makes your coil pack, injectors and ecu ect?????? Ithink if they make the operating system they can make the perfect plug for it too.
I have had motorcraft and NGK cause me problems on AU's. Idle missfire and poor ignition patterns (spark firing line dissapears) and found that the NGK's in perticular fire out the side of the insulator nose instead of jumping the gap. Thats just what I htink anyway. Bosch plugs for me everytime.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #37
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
Have you eva notice who makes your coil pack, injectors and ecu ect?????? Ithink if they make the operating system they can make the perfect plug for it too.
that a trick question? isnt it motorcraft

anyways thanks for the tip on using the super plus, that the ones with the ytterium isnt it? a rare metal used in common parts hmmm..

2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8

Old 29-10-2006, 11:11 PM   #38
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Motorcraft??? Have a look next time
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post